Ofstead offers research services to a diverse group of organizations in the healthcare field, including healthcare providers, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, professional associations, governmental agencies, and more.
As a result of our work, we are frequently published and invited to present at industry conferences. Recent examples include:
- Cori Ofstead presents at 2018 ICEID Conference
August 26-29, 2018 – Atlanta, GA
- Cori Ofstead presents at 2018 APIC conference
June 12 – 15, 2018 – Minneapolis, MN
- Quick & Wetzler present at 2018 SGNA Annual Course
May 20 -22, 2018 – Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Ofstead & Eiland present at 2018 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
April 29-May 2, 2018 – Phoenix, AZ
- Ofstead adult vaccine study findings presented at NAIIS
May 17-18, 2018 – Atlanta, GA
- Ofstead & Eiland present at 2018 AORN conference
March 24–28, 2018 – New Orleans, LA
- Cori Ofstead presents at AGA Tech Summit
March 21-23, 2018 – Boston, MA
- Ofstead presents health behaviors poster at 2017 APHA Annual Meeting
November 7, 2017 – Atlanta, GA
- 2017 APIC Annual Conference
June 13 -16, 2017 – Portland, OR
- 2017 SGNA Annual Course
May 7-9, 2017 – New Orleans, LA
- 2017 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 7-10, 2017 – Nashville, TN
- AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2017
April 1-5, 2017 – Boston, MA
- 2016 SGNA Annual Course
May 22-24, 2016 – Seattle, WA
- 2016 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
April 24-27, 2016 – San Antonio, TX
- 2016 AORN Surgical Conference & Expo
April 2-6, 2016 – Anaheim, CA
- 2015 APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition
October 31-November 4 – Chicago, IL
- 2015 APIC Annual Conference
June 27-29, 2015 – Nashville, TN
- 2015 SGNA Annual Conference
May 15-19, 2015 – Baltimore, MD
- 2015 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 3-6, 2015 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2015 AORN Surgical Conference & Expo
March 7-11, 2015 – Denver, CO
- 2014 APHA annual conference
November 17, 2014 — New Orleans, LA
- 2014 APIC annual conference
June 7-9, 2014 – Anaheim, CA
- 2014 SGNA Annual Course
May 2-6, 2014 – Nashville, TN
- 2014 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 4-7, 2014 – Columbus, OH
- Effectiveness of reprocessing for flexible bronchoscopes and endobronchial ultrasound bronchoscopes
Ofstead CL, Quick MR, Wetzler HP, Eiland JE, Heymann OL, Sonetti DA, Ferguson JS. Chest. 2018 May 30. 2018 Nov; 154(5): 1024-1034
- Residual moisture and waterborne pathogens inside flexible endoscopes: Evidence from a multisite study of endoscope drying effectiveness
Am J Infect Control. 2018 Jun;46(6):689-696.
- The effectiveness of sterilization for flexible ureteroscopes: A real-world study
Ofstead CL, Heymann OL, Quick MR, Johnson EA, Eiland JE, Wetzler HW Am J Infect Control. 2017 Aug 1;45(8):888-895.
- Moving the needle on nursing staff influenza vaccination in long-term care: Results of an evidence-based intervention
Ofstead CL, Amelang MR, Wetzler HP, Tan L. Vaccine. 2017 Apr 25;35(18):2390-2395
- Longitudinal assessment of reprocessing effectiveness for colonoscopes and gastroscopes: Results of visual inspections, biochemical markers, and microbial cultures.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Heymann OL, Johnson EA, Eiland JE, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2017 Feb 1;45(2):e26-e33.
- A Glimpse at the True Cost of Reprocessing Endoscopes: Results of a Pilot Project.
Communique; January/February 2017: 63-78; Ofstead CL, Quick MR, Eiland JE, Adams SJ.
- Assessing residual contamination and damage inside flexible endoscopes over time.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Eiland JE, Heymann OL, Held SB, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Dec 1;44(12):1675-1677.
- Simethicone residue remains inside gastrointestinal endoscopes despite reprocessing.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Johnson EA, Heymann OL, Maust TJ, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Nov 1;44(11):1237-1240.
- Practical toolkit for monitoring endoscope reprocessing effectiveness: Identification of viable bacteria on gastroscopes, colonoscopes, and bronchoscopes.
Ofstead CL, Doyle EM, Eiland JE, Amelang MR, Wetzler HP, England DM, Mascotti KM, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Jul 1;44(7):815-9.
- Persistent contamination on colonoscopes and gastroscopes detected by biologic cultures and rapid indicators despite reprocessing performed in accordance with guidelines.
American Journal of Infection Control; 2015 Aug; 43 (8): 794-801; Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Doyle EM, Rocco CK, Visrodia KH, Baron TH, Tosh PK.
- Reply to Whiteley et al.
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2015 Feb;36(2):237-238; Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
- Reply to Petersen
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2014 Oct;35(10):1309-1310; Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Yellin HL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
- The Use of Rapid Indicators for the Detection of Organic Residues on Clinically Used Gastrointestinal Endoscopes with and without Visually Apparent Debris
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2014 Aug;35(8):987-994. Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Yellin HL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
Use the links to the right for more information about our recent client work.
Ofstead presents findings on the impact of standing orders protocol on adult immunization rates at the 2018 National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit in Atlanta, GA.
Ofstead presents findings assessing the impact of cigarette smoking, physical activity, and sleep on health, mortality, and medical care utilization at the 2017 American Public Health Conference in Atlanta, GA.