Ofstead offers research services to a diverse group of organizations in the healthcare field, including healthcare providers, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, professional associations, governmental agencies, and more.
As a result of our work, we are frequently published and invited to present at industry conferences. Recent examples include:
- 2017 APIC Annual Conference
June 13 -16, 2017 – Portland, OR
- 2017 SGNA Annual Course
May 7-9, 2017 – New Orleans, LA
- 2017 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 7-10, 2017 – Nashville, TN
- AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2017
April 1-5, 2017 – Boston, MA
- 2016 SGNA Annual Course
May 22-24, 2016 – Seattle, WA
- 2016 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
April 24-27, 2016 – San Antonio, TX
- 2016 AORN Surgical Conference & Expo
April 2-6, 2016 – Anaheim, CA
- 2015 APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition
October 31-November 4 – Chicago, IL
- 2015 APIC Annual Conference
June 27-29, 2015 – Nashville, TN
- 2015 SGNA Annual Conference
May 15-19, 2015 – Baltimore, MD
- 2015 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 3-6, 2015 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2015 AORN Surgical Conference & Expo
March 7-11, 2015 – Denver, CO
- 2014 APHA annual conference
November 17, 2014 — New Orleans, LA
- 2014 APIC annual conference
June 7-9, 2014 – Anaheim, CA
- 2014 SGNA Annual Course
May 2-6, 2014 – Nashville, TN
- 2014 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
May 4-7, 2014 – Columbus, OH
- AORN of Twin Cities Monthly Meeting
January 13, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
- The effectiveness of sterilization for flexible ureteroscopes: A real-world study
Ofstead CL, Heymann OL, Quick MR, Johnson EA, Eiland JE, Wetzler HW Am J Infect Control. 2017 May 4. pii: S0196-6553(17)30238-9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Moving the needle on nursing staff influenza vaccination in long-term care: Results of an evidence-based intervention
Ofstead CL, Amelang MR, Wetzler HP, Tan L. Vaccine. 2017 Apr 25;35(18):2390-2395
- Longitudinal assessment of reprocessing effectiveness for colonoscopes and gastroscopes: Results of visual inspections, biochemical markers, and microbial cultures.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Heymann OL, Johnson EA, Eiland JE, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2017 Feb 1;45(2):e26-e33.
- Assessing residual contamination and damage inside flexible endoscopes over time.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Eiland JE, Heymann OL, Held SB, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Dec 1;44(12):1675-1677.
- Simethicone residue remains inside gastrointestinal endoscopes despite reprocessing.
Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Johnson EA, Heymann OL, Maust TJ, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Nov 1;44(11):1237-1240.
- Practical toolkit for monitoring endoscope reprocessing effectiveness: Identification of viable bacteria on gastroscopes, colonoscopes, and bronchoscopes.
Ofstead CL, Doyle EM, Eiland JE, Amelang MR, Wetzler HP, England DM, Mascotti KM, Shaw MJ. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Jul 1;44(7):815-9.
- Persistent contamination on colonoscopes and gastroscopes detected by biologic cultures and rapid indicators despite reprocessing performed in accordance with guidelines.
American Journal of Infection Control; 2015 Aug; 43 (8): 794-801; Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Doyle EM, Rocco CK, Visrodia KH, Baron TH, Tosh PK.
- Reply to Whiteley et al.
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2015 Feb;36(2):237-238; Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
- Reply to Petersen
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2014 Oct;35(10):1309-1310; Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Yellin HL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
- The Use of Rapid Indicators for the Detection of Organic Residues on Clinically Used Gastrointestinal Endoscopes with and without Visually Apparent Debris
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology; 2014 Aug;35(8):987-994. Visrodia KH, Ofstead CL, Yellin HL, Wetzler HP, Tosh PK, Baron TH.
Use the links to the right for more information about our recent client work.
Cori Ofstead presented at the Annual Meeting & Exposition of the American Public Health Association (APHA) in Chicago, IL.
Ofstead research collaborator Dr. LJ Tan presented at the National Vaccination Advisory Committee (NVAC) meeting on September 9, 2015.